Pork Belly Roast
Roast Pork Belly with crackling is one delicious meal and with its high-fat content it suits the Keto Diet perfectly. Cooking pork belly is much easier than you think!
If you find that the pork skin isn’t becoming as crispy as you would like, place it under the grill or broiler and keep an eye on it as it can burn quickly.
To reheat, add 2 tablespoons of butter to your frying pan. Then fry the slices on medium to high heat for 4 minutes on each side until it’s crispy and heated through.
Instructions for Making Roast Pork Belly
- Preheat oven to 240C
- Score the skin of your pork belly and pat it dry with paper towel.
- Rub the whole pork belly with the salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Place skin side up into a roasting tray with the rack removed, and into the oven for 25-30 minutes until the skin is starting to blister.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 160C and continue to roast for 1 – 1 ¼ hours.
- Remove from the oven, wrap the tray in aluminum foil and leave to rest for 20 minutes before serving.